Her Bad Mother

Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Another (Very Possibly Slightly Less) Manic Monday

This might be the most hopeful Monday that I've had in some weeks - nobody in this house has been hospitalized since Friday, and I am not writing this from a public library terminal - but still. It's Monday. Something, somewhere, sucks, and it's probably headed my way.

Public Library Terminal.

Anyhoo. Good things:

1) You know about Canada Moms Blog, right? Right? Well, the first official Canada Moms Blog Getting Ready To Launch Party is going to be this coming Mothers' Day Weekend in Toronto. This Saturday - May 9, the day before Mothers' Day - from 2 - 5 we'll be joining the Bunch gang at their annual pre-Moms' Day bash and they'll help us kick-off Canada Moms Blog all glam-like. And we would love it love it love it if you would join us. Bring the kiddies! Get tattooed! Raise a glass to Canada Moms Blog and, you know, moms! (Read more about it at Canada Moms Blog, and leave us a comment if you think you might attend.)

2) You know about The World According To Mom project, right? Right? Well, last time I checked, both Canada and the US were part of the globe, so you should totally join in. We're currently at 250 posts from parents in 41 countries and in seven languages. Which is a little short of our goal of 80 countries - we did, after all, subtitle the project Around The World In 80 Clicks - but still pretty awesome. And it would be even more awesome if you'd consider - maybe in honour of Mothers' Day - doing a post, or spreading the word. And if you wanted to say that you were writing from Narnia or Oz or Middle Earth, well, I wouldn't say anything, because fictional territories should totally count.

3) I have a computer now. It's beautiful. It's not really mine (see my postscript on this post; HP is lending it to me, because I am sad and desperate and complicated, and they are all about making things happy and peaceful and simple) but isn't that the way that it always is with really beautiful things? Like peonies and sunsets and the way that sunlight dances on ocean waves at the height of summer? And cake? Okay, not cake.

Anyone want to send me cake?

(Yes, I closed comments, again. Because I want you to go here and say that you'll join us or here and say that you'll join us or for you to just use the time that you were going to spend commenting to bake me a cake.)

Labels: ,