Her Bad Mother

Friday, May 9, 2008

Yo, Mamas

No, I have still not had this baby. I'm still having contractions, sometimes painful ones, but they're still irregular. I'm not going to prattle on about how frustrating this is, because you've heard it from me already.

What I am going to say is this: THANK YOU. For helping to keep me sane. Because, for seriously? I might have already gone well 'round the crazy bend by now if I didn't have this amazing community surrounding me and supporting me and helping me navigate the craziness that is this pregnancy and life, generally.

I wrote you all an OMG Thank You So Much And By The Way Happy Mothers Day card (early, because, well, if the gods are smiling upon I will be busy giving birth by Mothers Day). It's here. I meant every word of it.

********

I'm still working on visiting and thanking you all individually for those beautiful, beautiful shower posts, but it's slow going because everything I'm doing these keeps getting interrupted by painful and mind-messing early labor bizniss. I'll get to your post, I promise. I'm so thankful for all of them. They've been making me laugh and cry and the emotional release has been so welcome.

********

My blog updates might get more sporadic from here on out. It's tiring and tiresome - to me - to keep writing about NOT having this baby yet, so hard, so frustrating, early labor wtf, bitch bitch bitch. And if I am fortunate to get this baby out soon, I'll be going quiet for a few days (although the news WILL get posted.) Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just keep on bitching, daring the gods to NOT let this child pass. Because The Amazing Thirteen Month Pregnant Bitch-Woman (writing about her 5+ months of labor) might just make for a good alternate blog identity.

Camels take thirteen-plus months to gestate. Am not camel. YOU HEAR THAT, GODS???