What Day Is It Again? Oh, Right: NOT FRIDAY.
I need a day off. I know, we all do, but I am special and especially tired, so could somebody please arrange for a holiday for me? One, preferably, where all I have to do is lay down and eat chocolate and watch bad television?
I would like that.
In the meantime, here is a half-assed summary of things that you should be considering as you go about your Thursday:
1) Do children have a right to be treated civilly? A few of the commenters to my last post don't think so. I do. Discuss amongst yourselves.
2) Are you able to go more than a day or two without eating meat? I could, if I wasn't pregnant, and if I hadn't recently spent a few days in Montreal, where I was unable to go more than a few hours without eating poutine (fries and cheese curds drenched in a rich gravy that I'm pretty sure was once intimately acquainted with a cow.) I'm ordinarily pretty veggie, but hells if this fetus doesn't like him some gravy with his bacon.
3) Will Mothergoosemouse have her baby today? All signs point to yes.
4) Why is the entertainment media so prone to evil? Why do I regress to my youthful - and more or less misguided - Marxism (capitalism has alienated us from our very souls; revolt, revolt) when I read stories about shit like THIS?
5) Is it worth getting stressed out over coffee when pregnant? Especially when, you know, there is so much else to get stressed out about? Like, say, whether you might die of a brain aneurysm in your sleep, or whether Katie Holmes might spawn again, or the fact that the new season of Paradise Hotel will not be airing in Canada? You know, important stuff.
Meanwhile, I must go find some chocolate, and dream of the day that I can finally get some sleep and stop worrying and learn to love the chaos, etc, etc.