Her Bad Mother

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Best of Men

Part II of Mêtêr Politikon will go up tomorrow (Sunday), after I have made my guy a really nice breakfast and then passed the child off to him. Catch up here.

Tonight, we interrupt regularly scheduled blogging for a Very Special Father's Day post...


*********

My Men

Her Da.

Who I love beyond measure. To whom I am oh so grateful - for us, for her, for this family, for this life. For love.

I love every inch, every ounce, every breath, every moment of you. From baby to boy to man to father and beyond, I have loved do love and ever will love you.


Beautiful son (eternal gratitude to your father, for, with your mother, raising such a son)

Beautiful boy (with, already, a glimmer of the man)

Beautiful father (your heart now beats outside your chest)

Beautiful heart


My Dad.

Who was and is the first man in my life. Who has and will always have my heart. Who I love forever.

Who has always given me his heart

Whose heart I have always and will always cherish


Whose heart she will always cherish.


I love you both, best of men. We love you both. Always.

Always.

18 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Beautiful.

Happy Father's Day to all.

Ann

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet. I love old pictures - they evoke nostalgia in me even when I don't personally know the people in them.

Happy Father's Day.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to the men in your life! Great pix.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

Classic pictures. Wonderbaby looks so much like her daddy's baby picture.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Sigghhh.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post!

Happy Father's Day!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Lovely.

2:25 AM  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Sniff.. bwhaaahhhh... So lovely. I like these strangers deeply and immediately.

weird.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

That's beautiful. Man. Wow.
Speechless.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

wonderful post!

9:43 AM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Great pictures. Lovely post.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jezer said...

So, SO beautiful. Happy Father's Day to your sweet men.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I have some photos of my husband when he was a little boy, and the day I saw them was the first time I thought, I really wouldn't mind having a little boy exactly like that...

Ring any bells? Your hubby was quite a cutie!

2:14 PM  
Blogger bunmaster said...

So sweet and I am loving the new digs!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

How lovely!

Happy Father's day to all your men!

5:03 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Wonderful photos and better sentiment. What was it you said? Lovely.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Baby in the City said...

Who knew - although I should have known - that you could write just as beautifully in so few words. You are a true writer. And damn, what an awesome little heart breakin' hottie the bad husband was as a boy - too cute!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home