Her Bad Mother

Friday, May 19, 2006

Mommy Blogger Group Hug Feature Post - Coming Attraction!

The Great Mommy Blogger Love-in/Group Hug/Rah Rah Jamboree Feature Post, in which one, two or a few submitted posts are highlighted and put in linky lights, and which I promised to post every Friday, will be delayed by one day.

Because I am unreliable that way.

And, because of rain.

Rain messed up my whole week, much of which was to be spent - after caring for WonderBaby, submitting grades and dealing with post-semester carnage (in which I am hit by a shit-storm of e-mails from undergraduates who SUDDENLY REALIZE that omg omfg not doing the work during the term means that they COULD FAIL and who, in a last ditch effort to save their sorry asses, e-mail me frantically with desperate pleas to boost their participation marks so that they can get a B and get into that MBA program. Ha. Wasn't that you reading a comic during my brilliant lecture on Rousseau's treatment of virtue in his epic prose-poem, 'le Levite D'Ephraim?' Ha. HA) and blogging - preparing for WonderBaby's Second Royal Tour, which commences next week.

(That was the longest parenthetical comment ever.)

On Monday, WonderBaby and HBM are leaving on a jet plane (sans HBF, because the world would stop turning on its axis if all those TV commercials did not get made, by god), headed for the wilds of Beautiful British Columbia (Super, Natural) , where WonderBaby shall meet the people and see the land whence her mother came. They of year-round sandals and much, much fleece. It of cherry blossoms and mountains and ocean. It will be good, but also, daunting.

This is an enormous undertaking, and much planning has been necessary, but the rain - my god the rain when will it STOP? - has prevented a car-less HBM from accomplishing the hunting and gathering that are necessary to fully prepare for the upcoming excursion.

So, today we shopped. At a mall. A big mall. With Urban_Mommy (who has car!) and the Boy Wonder (who rides along!) And that took a long time. Because, the shops. And the necessity of having lunch.

And also, it is my birthday on Sunday, and because we will not be going out for an Over-Priced Meal in a Fancy Restaurant this year, Husband is making every evening of this weekend Special Dinner Night and he has oysters and crab legs right now so I must go eat them.

Now.

Sorry.

(Post WILL be up tomorrow! Pinky swear!)



You can trust my ma. Also, if she forgets, I will gum her.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that is the most BEAUTIFUL baby photo EVER!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Lord, that smile.

I'm losing my short term memory (goes with being decrepit) so I will wish you a Happy Birthday right now.

Better twice than not at all.

9:38 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Dude. Sherway Gardens made Wikipedia? I remember thinking it was all posh with its marble-like floors and staircase up to the food court.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOoo I was born in BC the most beautiful place in the world!!! Have a Blast!

10:02 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

70% of your Wonderbaby photos make me want to email you to say how amazing it is that your baby makes just the same kind of lunatic/adorable faces that my gal made just a few short months ago.

20% of the time I want to jump through the screen and kiss her little head.

The rest of the time I'm laughing to myself about something you've written and forget to ogle the baby. Please excuse this, it is only 10%.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Sic the wonder baby on the silly undergrads...

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Rousseau... stupid, self-entitled bastards who don't pay attention to the words of the stellar HBM, quoting the stellar Rousseau... *grumble, grumble*... I say, flunk 'em. (I would give my eyeteeth to take another class on Rousseau, particularly from someone as wickedly funny/verbose as yourself, lady.)

Have an awesome birthday, and a spam-tastic trip! smooches for everyone.

11:10 PM  
Blogger mo-wo said...

You know we do have stores here still. You know I would take you shopping for anything you need. Or you could just borrow...

So you got my number if you need a safe change table or an extra high chair anytime.

12:48 AM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

I will gum her.

lolololol...so damn cute!

1:16 AM  
Blogger The City Gal said...

Happy Birthday. A very very Happy Birthday to HBM.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Mama Tulip - a grand marble staircase really is the only way to make a food court posh, isn't it? (But, about the Wikipedia - I KNOW! TO must be more important than we think. Or maybe just 'Sauga. Isn't Sherway actually in Mississauga? I don't know 'cause I close my eyes for the drive out of downtown.)

Dawn - funny, but that is exactly what Rousseau would have me do. Unleash my little Legislator.

lildb - they are heathens.

Rhonda, Granny, nonlineargirl, Izzy - ogle away. Just don't try to kiss the screen. Those smudges don't wipe off easily. I know.

Chelle - I didn't put 2 and 2 together from your family trip to visit FAMILY in Canada... you are (were?) Canuck!

Sky - Thanks.

Mo-Wo - See, I forget that BC and Vancouver are no longer the wild hippie frontier that they once were, and that I can now purchase things other than Birkenstocks, pot, skiis, kayaks, goat cheese and fleece. It's been 7 years since we lived there. But I suppose that since I visit once or twice a year I should know better.

(We're actually flying into the Okanagan to visit my sister the first week, flying out of Vancouver after the second week. And we all know that it *is* still the wild frontier there - hence the mad preparations. 'OMG what if they don't sell diapers in Kelowna?!?!)

(What I was actually going to say, before I started navel-gazing, was - I would go shopping with you anytime. :))

9:26 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I love BC! Have a wonderful time!
"I will gum her"
That is adorable....

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderbaby's eyes! Gracious, those eyes! Make me laugh every time - in delight.

Rain, rain, rain... I remember a trip to BC one November, during which we popped up to Whistler from Vancouver. While having lunch, we heard that the highway back south might be closed later, so we zipped home fast. While we drove, the skies opened, and the rain came down, and we saw boulders, BOULDERS THE SIZE OF MY HEAD being washed across the road and down, down, down into the sea. Phew.

Nobody does rain like BC.

11:58 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I think you can rest on your laurels a wee bit - after all, you started the great momma blogger love-in just last week!

plus - could your baby be any cuter?! You might be able to get away with NO writing, really!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shut up! It's my birthday on Sunday too!!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Happy Birthday!!

And those eyes are hypnotic. You could market that gaze and make a fortune. A cuter baby I haven't seen (except, of course, my own!)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Namito said...

Happy Birthday! (You too, Kristen)

(from another May chick...mine's on Saturday and of course the Hub is on call)

mmmm. oysters. Very. Good. Husband.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that picture's killing me. Those eyes! That smile!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you are enjoying your trip to BC. That picture of Vancouver made me long to go back for another visit (I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could convince the hubs.)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that picture!!!!
Just when I think you can't take anymore cuter ones that what you've already done, along comes this one!
WonderBaby is adorably gorgeous.

I love Sherway. I was dragged kicking and screaming to Vaughn Mall on the weekend. That place is just crazy.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home