Her Bad Mother

Sunday, February 5, 2006

The decline of Western civilization

To which I am contributing by posting the following link.

I warn you - once you view this YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK. It's kinda like doing acid, but not in the happy everyone's-a-Muppet! kind of way (I know, I have a thing about Muppets. Muppets are cool!) This, this is like a bad acid trip, the kind that produces flashbacks and that stays with you forever.

So, consider yourself warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Gi2CfuqcUGE

Muslims are currently rioting because of some Danish editorial cartoons. Why, I ask, is no-one rioting about this?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decline of Western Civilization? Hardly. This video is a deeply patriotic celebration of American banality in the spirit of conceptual artist Jeff Koons. It roars with imperialist 'oooga chagga' imagery as Hasselhoff surfs the polar ice-melt brought on by the hot fires of Western capitalism. This highly sophisticated work becomes a form of moral suicide that acts to cleanse the American psyche. Its ultra-reality and self-incrimination becomes a kind of container to house the entire cannon of American guilt and joy – a kind of yin-yang construction of inextricable opposites that exist at the core of the American experience, the kind of which the entire world desires.
I love this video. I wish to inject it, intravenously, into my bloodstream.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my ace travel insurance site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

OMG, I could spend the next month reading through your archives and laughing my ass off!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home